Join the Team!
Technical Support Engineer – vSphere Ninja
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for problem solvers, people who are not afraid to try (and sometimes fail), results-orientated who take responsibility and hold themselves and others accountable, who are not afraid to ask for help or give it if asked. We are looking for good people, who work to the best of their ability, are willing to learn and do not let ego get in the way of accomplishing great things.
Who we are:
Ascend Cloud Solutions are a Managed Migration and VMware Consultancy Services practice. We are also an accredited VMware VCPP partner. Our team is highly proficient on the entire VMware SDDC stack. We are extremely focused on our clients’ needs and see ourselves as a trusted extension of their own internal teams.
We offer an engaging and exciting career with a young and growing company. Have your voice heard and your effort appreciated as we continue to evolve and grow. You will have significant opportunity to grow professionally as we continue to adapt and overcome the ever-changing challenges and opportunities together. Our team is dynamic, solution orientated, and excited to learn new things and technologies. A fundamental part of our team’s ethos is fun, camaraderie, mutual respect, and the ability to share a laugh together when we can. Although harder than ever in today’s remote working world, we still manage to achieve it. We are approaching our 3rd year in operation, and we have yet to have anyone leave the team 😊
Job Role and Responsibility:
As a Cloud Services Engineer, you will be working as part of our global support team.
You will be expected to provide support to Ascend Cloud Solutions customers. To be successful in this role, you are a highly motivated individual as well as a self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical and analytical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
- Provide Level 1 / 2 Support to Ascend Cloud Solution customers
- Always provide a high level of customer service
- Manage, research, and resolve deep technical issues relating to our service offerings
- Provide Training to internal personnel
- Maintain a level of proficiency in all VMware, Microsoft, UNIX, and Cloud technologies.
- Work in a team environment and mentor new team members
- Document all relevant technical inquiries; develop and review content for knowledgebase
Required Core Skills:
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience providing technical support to customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and a real passion for problem-solving
Required Technical Skills:
One or more of the following:
- Experience in troubleshooting Linux/UNIX or Windows.
- Experience in LAN/WAN environments.
- Experience Performance troubleshooting.
- Experience with ESX Server and/or Virtual Center Server
Preferred Technical Skills:
We do not expect a single candidate to have the skills and experience of an entire IT team. If you have any of the skills below, consider it a bonus. We are as interested in the person as the skills. If you are willing to learn then we are willing to teach. If you have any skills, you do not see below then let us know, we are always looking for new expertise to help grow the team’s abilities.
- Networking Knowledge
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP, IBMCloud, OracleCloud etc
- Background in System Administration
- Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing
- Experience with VMware vCloud Director and NSX-V or NSX-T
- Experience with firewalls and security related issues
- Linux command-line skills and shell scripting and/or programming
- Experience in customization of Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- VMware, Cisco, RedHat etc Certifications
- Experience with Servers (Dell, HP, IBM, etc)
- Experience with Server Management Software
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
Standard Working Hours:
Positions are fully remote covering IST (Indian Standard Time) 06:30 to 16:30, covering IST (Indian Standard Time) 20:30 to 06:30 and CST (Central Standard Time US) 10:00 to 20:00. Shifts will operate in a 4-day rotated split including one weekend day. Sunday to Wednesday and Wednesday to Saturday.
There may be some flexibility required in these hours.
Ascend Cloud Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. Ascend Cloud Solutions is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at Ascend Cloud Solutions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Ascend Cloud Solutions will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
The Ascend Cloud Solutions offices are located at Unit 2, Brompton House, The Cloisters, Ballincollig, which is It is located on the western side of Cork city,
How Ascend Cloud Solutions Benefits You
Ascend Cloud Solutions offers an above industry-standard competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Targeted Bonus Program
As a way of saying thank you for all your hard work, We set the targets for you to go smash them and then rewarded you handsomely
Health & Wellbeing is paramount to the Ascend Cloud Solutions family and we offer Comprehensive health insurance benefits.